We are part of a global community of athletes and sports fans supporting freedom, equality and justice for Palestinians.
“Sport can create hope where once there was only despair, It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers. It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination.” Nelson Mandela
Why Boycott Puma ?
Puma sponsors the Israeli Football Association (IFA) and is allowing its brand to white-wash Israel’s human rights abuses against Palestinians .
- The IFA includes teams from illegal settlement clubs playing on stolen Palestinian land in direct contravention of international law.
- Puma’s brand partner in Israel- Delta Galil Industries-has been named on the UN database of companies that are complicit in Israel’s illegal occupation. Amnesty International has said: Companies doing business with, in or related to the settlements may lay themselves open to the criminal charge of complicity in gross human rights abuses, including war crimes.
- Puma’s has a Code of Ethics and a ‘Respect’ campaign which commemorates the black power salute by US athletes at the1968 Olympic Games. But PUMA continues to turn a blind eye to the racism, restrictions and violence aimed at Palestinians.
Would you want your sports brand associated with this?
Palestinian footballer Mohammed Khalil was shot in the knee by an Israeli sniper during a peaceful protest, ending his career.
Palestine’s top cyclist Alaa al-Dali’s leg was shattered by an Israeli sniper. Israel denied him a permit to seek medical treatment abroad, resulting in his leg being amputated.
Four young boys aged between 9 and 11 were killed as they played football on a beach in Gaza after an Israeli warship fired.
Two young Palestinian footballers, Jawhar Nasser Jawhar, 19, and Adam Abd al-Raouf Halabiya, 17, were repeatedly shot in the feet -by Israeli soldiers- after a training session and will never play competitive sports again.
Palestinian international footballer Mahmoud Sarsak was tortured and held without charge for 3 years in an Israeli jail. He was released only after a 95 days hunger strike and an international campaign led by sports stars.
The 2019 Palestine Football Cup Final had to be cancelled after Israel refused travel permits for 23 players. This denied Palestinian teams a chance to qualify for the Asian Champions League.
Israel represses all aspects of Palestinian life and culture – including sport – to further expand its illegal settlements, steal and ethnically cleanse Palestinians from the land.
Give Puma The Boot
Support the call by over 200 Palestinian sports clubsto Boycott Puma in solidarity with Palestinian athletes. Here is what you can do to help;
- Sign the letter by sports fans urging Puma to end its sponsorship and support for the Israel Football Association.
- Share the letter with your friends, family and team-mates and encourage them to sign.
- And remember… don’t buy Puma. Give Puma The Boot!
for signing the letter
For more information visit the Boycott National Committee in Palestine (BNC) – Boycott Puma Campaign.
This campaign has been organised by Red Card Israeli Racism and Palestine Solidarity Campaign .